6th Addition: Waterman No.7 and Aurora 98T


     These 3 gorgeous pens are all vintage fountain pens. Technically I am adding 2 pens to my collection, the top most pen is a black model of the Parker Vacumatic Jr that is currently in my drawer (I intend to replace the 'golden pearl' with this one). The middle pen is an Aurora 98T from the late 60's and the lowest pen the Waterman No.7 dates back to the 20's. The design of each is so very different from one another, the challenge now will be deciding what pens I will take out of my drawer to make room, which pens would you remove? Let me know in the comments below.

     Aurora is an Italian pen company and this model the 98T was developed at the same time as the Parker 51 was flying off the shelves. The design of the 98T has features not found in its contemporaries like an ink window and a spring loaded pop out piston knob for easy filling. The filling system for this pen known as the "reserva magica" I find quite fascinating.

     The Waterman No.7 red ripple fountain pens are great sensory tools, they look good, feel good, and even have their own distinct odour due to the rubber material used. This picture doesn't do it justice, I look forward to reviewing this pen. These red ripple pens were colour coded based on the type of use the pen was setup for. The pink due to it's super flexible nib and the black due to it's rarity are most sought after of the group. The original nib has been replaced and because of that I am still not 100% sure what colour this pen is.

     With these great vintage pens making their way into my collection,  which pens would you take out of the drawer to make space?

Gord A

A student of Architecture that is very particular when choosing a tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment