The Drawer: 18 again - 8th Update

     The Omas Articula is the third Italian pen in my collection and to make room for it the Esterbrook model J has been removed.

     The Esterbrook is a pen I consider very versatile and it took me quite some time to decide to let it go. I had trouble finding a definitive issue with this pen. The nib units and easy cleaning made this pen enjoyable to use but it came down to the short section that justified this decision. As these choices get harder and harder it will tend to be the finer details that set my pens apart. The Esterbrook model J did not suit the way I hold a pen and I found myself adjusting my grip more often than I prefer. The nib units are a hard thing to let go of with so much variety in one pen plus I have to say that to date I have not written with a smoother steel nib than an Esterbrook steel nib. I went as far as reaching out to custom pen manufacturers inquiring about the possibility of fabricating a custom section that would accommodate the Esterbrook nib units but got nowhere. Something had to go, what pen would you have chosen? Let me know in the comments below.



---The drawer contents from left

  1. 1920's Waterman No.7
  2. 2010's TWSBI Micarta
  3. 2010's Lamy 2000
  4. 1950's Parker 51 Vacumatic
  5. 1990's Omas Articula
  6. 2010's Pilot Custom 823
  7. 1950's Parker Vacumatic 
  8. 1960's Pelikan MK10 
  9. 1960's Montblanc Meisterstuck No.12 
  10. 2010's Visconti Michelangelo
  11. 2010's Edison Beaumont
  12. 1960's Pelikan 400NN
  13. 1930's Waterman Lady Patrician
  14. 1960's Aurora 98 'Riserva Magica'
  15. 1980's Sheaffer Targa
  16. 1940's Eversharp Skyline
  17. 2010's Pilot Elite 95s
  18. 2010's TWSBI Classic
Pens in:
Omas Levenger Articula

Pens out:
Esterbrook J

Drawer Rule 1: No green or blue coloured pens. 
Drawer Rule 2: I need to be able to use it.

The pens that are being pulled from the drawer will need to find a new home, If you are interested please check 'the bin' to find the pens or parts for your collection.

Gord A

A student of Architecture that is very particular when choosing a tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment