8th Addition: Omas / Levenger Articula


     This is a pen sold by Levenger during the late 90's early 2000's. Levenger partnered up with Omas to create a piston filling pen with a flexible nib known as the 'Articula'.  I was scrolling through eBay and saw this pen thrown in with a lot of 20 other junk pens. I took a chance on this lot because the only thing that I could make out from the photos was that it had an Omas nib. Over the course of the week, I could 't find a matching Omas model before the bid closed so I hoped for the best. When I first received the pen I was a little discouraged because the cap had LEVENGER engraved between the bands and that is an entirely different company. Levenger is noted for the 'True writer' pen, so started thinking I had an early "True writer' fitted with an amazing flexible Omas nib.

     I turned to the Fountain Pen Network for help and was relieved to hear that all the parts were original and I felt once again that I had a gem.
  

      Now the hard part, which pen will this one replace in my drawer?  Which pen would you take out of the drawer to make space? 

Gord A

A student of Architecture that is very particular when choosing a tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment