Ink Review: Oyster Grey by Mont Blanc

Oyster Grey
Mont Blanc




     Oyster Grey from Mont Blanc has an ink colour that I gravitated towards, I don't see it often but this grey had a warm tone to it. Considering how the Mystery Black performed I couldn't help but try it out and I was pleased with the results.

Oyster Grey test plate after 3 mL of water.
    The colour spectrum ranges from smoke grey to graphite with a moderate amount of shading that is highlighted on more ink resistant papers. The ink dries relatively fast and the flow is a little on the wet side. I saw no signs of feathering or bleed through on all papers that I used it upon. There is a water resistant quality in this ink, water did remove some of the ink but not a significant amount. Oyster Grey cleaned up with ease and there was no traces of ink on the test plate after the flush.


    Mont Blanc Oyster Grey ink is a quality grey ink that shades nicely and is low maintenance. For someone that changes pens frequently or have pens that your are careful what you feed it; Oyster Grey is a good choice. Its easy to clean and well behaved. These qualities are found in inks that I have no issues pairing with my pens.

Oyster Grey on Clairefontaine Paper
Oyster Grey on Hilroy Paper

Ink diagrams prepared using:
1.  Speedball C-4 nib in dip pen
2.  Esterbrook #0 nib in dip pen

Gord A

A student of Architecture that is very particular when choosing a tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment