The Drawer: 18 again - 7th Update

     I now own a Visconti pen, I seriously never thought I would be able to afford such a pen. I kept an eye open for a previously enjoyed one and it paid off. I was overjoyed to come across a Michelangelo in my local classifieds, I suspect the owner had a heavy hand and had damaged the nib to a point that ink flow was less than ideal. No doubt this was what motivated the sale. It took some doing but I was able to resolve the issues with the nib and exchanged it for new nib unit in the size I wanted. The Michelangelo was swiftly added to my drawer replacing the Parker Duofold Jr.

     The Duofold was a hard pen to let go of. I loved the design and fact that the pen was nearly a century old. What helped justify my decision is the way I behaved with it. Having read stories of the material cracking easily; I was ever so careful not to damage the cap when posting or closing and did not feel comfortable when anyone touched it, plus I needed to fill the pen more often than I preferred. All these factors made it difficult to enjoy using this pen. To add, the section of the junior model is a little too short for my liking. Don't get me wrong about the Duofold, it is a great pen and I absolutely adore this Parker line. I will keep my eyes open for a larger more current model.



---The drawer contents from left to write

  1. 2010's Lamy 2000
  2. 2010's TWSBI Micarta
  3. 1940's Eversharp Skyline
  4. 1960's Pelikan 400NN
  5. 1980's Sheaffer Targa
  6. 1960's Aurora 98 'Riserva Magica'
  7. 1930's Waterman Lady Patrician
  8. 2010's Edison Beaumont
  9. 2010's Visconti Michelangelo
  10. 2010's Pilot Custom 823
  11. 1960's Montblanc Meisterstuck No.12 
  12. 1950's Parker Vacumatic 
  13. 1960's Pelikan MK10
  14. 1950's Parker 51 Vacumatic
  15. 2010's Pilot Elite 95s
  16. 2010's TWSBI Classic
  17. 1950's Esterbrook 'J' model
  18. 1920's Waterman No.7
Pens in:
Visconti Michelangelo


Pens out:
Parker Duofold Jr.

Drawer Rule 1: No green or blue coloured pens. 
Drawer Rule 2: I need to be able to use it.

The pens that are being pulled from the drawer will need to find a new home, If you are interested please check 'the bin' to find the pens or parts for your collection.

Gord A

A student of Architecture that is very particular when choosing a tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment